[thelist] Urgently looking for a new server

Lisa B McLaughlin lisa at allspunup.com
Wed Dec 6 04:23:45 CST 2006

Chris,

I, too am looking for a new hosting service.  I keep IXWebhosting.com and
NetworkRedux.com both.  NetworkRedux is more robust (read here, fewer
problems during the year), but IXWebhosting offers support through online
chat.

I am looking for a new unix/linux reseller hosting service that offers
online chat support, support blog or log communications, and superior uptime
(like say Rackspace).  I need an affordable reseller package with unlimited
domains, etc. with the latest reliable PHP package.  Somehow the online chat
makes me feel more in control when a client has, say, an email problem and
expects to me resolve it.  I don't want to tell the client I'll take care of
it then have to wait an hour to find out what the problem really is or if
it's resolved while I'm fretting.

I am willing to pay a bit more, but cannot afford rackspace prices and need
a package, not a we'll build it to your spec service.

This thread is very helpful.  I am too, mostly a lurker/rookie and very
grateful for all the combined brains!

Lisa

Lisa B. McLaughlin, NCW
Lisa at AllSpunUp.co.uk