[thelist] Problem controlling parent window from child (Javascript)

Robert Douglas robert.douglas at rightmove.co.uk
Tue Mar 6 07:30:55 CST 2007

Hey all, the problem goes like this:

I have a page (main) which opens a popup (child). Users navigate around
various pages within the popup. From these pages I'd like to update main
using Javascript but the window.opener object seems to disappear from
child after the first page.

2 questions, I guess:
1. Is this expected behaviour?
2. If so, is there a way around it?

I was thinking it might be possible to pass the window.opener object
reference between child pages (url/cookie) OR use a child listener from
main?

Ta very muchly,
Rob.