[thelist] Drupal hosting: These hosts any good? Suggestions? Need pro advice. :)

Hershel Robinson hershel at galleryrobinson.com
Tue Mar 20 09:08:58 CDT 2007

> Also, I have heard good/bad things about Drupal and GoDaddy Linux hosting...

One of my clients has a GoDaddy shared Linux hosting account. I called
technical support on the phone yesterday to ask a simple question:

 > Does this shared linux hosting account support Perl and cron?

His answer was:

 > I know what Perl is--that's a scripting language. But what's cron?

I explained to him that cron is a standard Linux system service. He said
he had to go ask someone. He came back and said that it is not
available, but for $29 a month, he could give me a virtual dedicated
server. "That comes to $350 a year, sir."

Cute. "What's cron?" Cute.

My 2 cents.

Hershel

--
Web Site Construction by Gallery Robinson
http://galleryrobinson.com/