[thelist] front page - connection problem

Bob Meetin ontheroad at frii.com
Wed Mar 21 13:02:58 CDT 2007

This is not a me thing, so please no one shoot the postal carrier.

One of my clients has a site which is managed by a non-techy (it's a
non-profit).  Hosting was about to expire, so he asked me to move to a
new hosting service.  The guy who actually updates the site uses front
page, front page extensions (I have never even looked).  I moved the
site to the new hosting service and we put it on a windows server (this
hurt....i cringe).

I don't know anything about front page extensions.  The old hosting
provider indicated that the ftp login/password, etc would not work with
front page.  To make this ugly story short, the admin cannot get front
page to connect with the given login/password.  When he attempts to
connect through IE he sees an IE message in the bottom of the browser
saying something like "Opening sitename" but no success.

Thus the question - is there something that the new hosting company must
provide (login, password, etc) which the guy needs that is different
from common ftp info?  Right question?

-Bob