[thelist] purge process question with registration/membership system

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 16:41:57 CDT 2007

On 5/14/07, Bob Meetin <ontheroad at frii.com> wrote:
>     * disable the ID, but leave appropriate content published
>     * disable/purge the ID (add to a black list) and move ownership of
>       content to a special/reserved owner/ID, but leave content published.

Not sure I see the benefit of the last over the one previous. I would
simply disable the ID by flipping an 'isactive' flag or similar in the
database. I would also disable the offending content similarly in case
they want to know why they were banned (responding with "well, you
submitted an image that was against our policy, but I have no idea
what that image was and can't tell you. sorry" probably ain't gonna
cut it).

Matt Warden
Cleveland, OH, USA