[thelist] job estimates with unknowns

Jason Handby jason.handby at corestar.co.uk
Tue May 22 11:13:17 CDT 2007

> I've found people surprisingly willing to accept huge ranges
> - similar to
> "$2.50 - $6.00". Sometimes all they need are numbers to give
> someone else.

You can also accompany your figures with an idea of what's included --
e.g. "well, assuming you wanted this, this and this, it would cost you X
dollars; adding in that and that would take it up to Y dollars". This at
least gets them used to the idea that different options have different
costs, and encourages them to work with you on a "shopping list" of what
they can afford that will get them what they want.

Jason