[thelist] Tip: ySlow - Open Source Profiling tool for web sites

Dejan Kozina dejan at kozina.com
Wed Jul 25 19:35:09 CDT 2007

This neighbour kid says 'thanks a lot'.  Great stuff.

Please note that I stumbled upon a 404 going to
http://developer.yahoo.com/yslow/faq from
http://developer.yahoo.com/yslow/help/getting_help.html

Matt Warden wrote:
> On 7/25/07, Christian Heilmann <codepo8 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>   My parents always told me to invite the neighbour kids when I had a
>> cool new toy to share it. Which makes me a very happy bunny that my
>> employer now released our internal page profiling tool as a plugin for
>> firefox. You can get it at http://developer.yahoo.com/yslow/ and can
>> immediately test your web sites with it. The report it shows gives
>> several easy to change tips how to make the site load and perform
>> faster and grades your site from a to f in all these aspects. Don't
>> bother any longer with bookmarklets showing the page weight - this is
>> industrial strength stuff.
>
> This is very cool, thanks for sharing. I forwarded it to my dev team
> and there will be severe penalties if they do not install and use it!
> ;-)
>
> Some of the suggestions it has are things that many developers do not
> even realize (like the HTTP connection # bottleneck).

Dejan Kozina Web design studio
Dolina 346 (TS) - I-34018 Italy
tel./fax: +39 040 228 436 - cell.: +39 348 7355 225 skype: dejankozina
http://www.kozina.com/  - e-mail: dejan at kozina.com