[thelist] PHP to Java

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 17:30:21 CDT 2007

On 8/9/07, Charles <lists07 at wiltgen.net> wrote:

> I certainly don't want that.  I'm sincerely trying to help, and I've seem
> just too many projects where developers are tempted to trash everything and
> start over, and that's almost never the best solution.

But "almost" isn't "always", and sometimes the big steaming pile is
just too solid to stick a shovel in  :-)

This is especially true of something originally monolithic  that just
sorta grew, and lacks clean interfaces that facilitate refactoring.

And I'm sure we've all seen/smelled/fallen-beneath-the-wheels-of at
least one of those :-)

Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com