[thelist] To class or not to class in PHP

Ken Snyder kendsnyder at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 10:15:19 CST 2007

Stephen Rider wrote:
> myuniqueclassname::function1();
> So the question to the PHP gurus out there: is this a good idea or am
> I better off just prefacing my functions with something like...
> function myplugin_function1() {...}
Yes, stick with the class-based approach.  Any performance differences
between class functions and global functions is trivial.  Do what is
best for robustness and scalability and let the php-source developers
worry about performance.  I also recommend using classes to store
variables and constants to avoid global variables as much as possible:

- Ken Snyder