[thelist] Save a blog site to DVD?

Clive R Sweeney clive at designshift.com
Wed Jan 23 16:15:12 CST 2008

Is there a way to download a blog and save it to a DVD so that the blog (and its links, etc.) will still work? I've been discouraging the client who asked if this can be done, but of course it's something they absolutely need.

The sites they want to save are both WordPress blogs.

I've seen that SiteSucker (http://www.sitesucker.us/) is supposed to be able to make local copies and "'localize' the files it downloads", however this is a Mac application and the site isn't terribly clear about the types of sites it can localize.

Thanks very much.

::. clive