[thelist] Ubuntu - installing packages from cd

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz
Mon Mar 3 17:44:08 CST 2008

Hi all,

Probably more appropriate to reply offlist .. Can someone give me some clues as to how I can install extra packages (apache, php, mysql etc) from an Ubuntu CD?
I've added the cd to repositories in Synaptic but nothing seems to show.

Using Ubuntu 6.

(bonus marks for letting me know if I can upgrade from 6 to 7 using a cd and not needing apt-get and an internet connection....)

Any help welcome, my searches have failed so far.

Paul