[thelist] Code storage / management

Matt McKeon matt at camadro.com
Wed Mar 12 08:49:01 CDT 2008

Paul Bennett wrote:
>> and it's very inexpensive. I actually use their "Level Two" and I use
>> the Trac instances for project ticketing and wiki documentation. I make
>> a new one (unique SVN and Trac) for each project. I love it. :)
>
> Hi Fred,
>
> This still sounds like a project-centric solution - do you also use this to manage code you use / reuse from project to project?

SVN is nice, but for small snippets I agree that it could be a bit more
then you need.
I have a Wiki where I store random code bits and stuff I find that could
be useful in the future. Just hang it off a website and you can access
it from anywhere, and you can have page history and comments right on
the same page. Works great for me.

HTH
Matt