[thelist] Separating the wheat from the chaff

scotdiddle at webtdo.com scotdiddle at webtdo.com
Wed Apr 9 13:43:48 CDT 2008

Hello List,

I've been lurking for a while. This is my first post, and have
something I want to do that even Goggle can't find...

I am developing content for my website: http://www.webtdo.com.  It is
almost ready to be ported from my test server to my hosted server.

My SVN repository is huge, full of stuff like:  programA.php,
programAAlmost.php, programABroken.php, holdProgramA.php... as well as
working test scripts to use as examples... AJAXDriverWithWaitImage.php
vs. AJAXDriver.php (production name)... You get the idea...

Also, just because I might have two files in the repository called
programB.php and newProgramB.php, does not mean that progamB.php is
being called... Perhaps it was a major re-write of programB.php, but
after I got newProgramB.php fully re-written and debugged, I forgot to
rename the original file to programBMinusOne.php, newProgramB.php to
programB.php, and I failed to change the include (in place for
testing) from newProgramB.php to programB.php...

So...

what I am hoping to garner from this list is a pointer to existing
code that will allow me to recursively dive into the system starting
at index.php, finding all 'require', 'require_once', 'include', and
src= statements (javascript, css,  and img), allowing me to ID those
programs that are actually part of the finished product... Then, I
would like to enter each item found and do it again... and again...
and again, until I have a listing produced which will show  me which
items to move to the production server ( the wheat ) while leaving the
chaff ( test programs, errors, boo-boos, misnamed files, etc. ) behind.

This will allow me to start a new SVN Repository for my system.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Scot L. Diddle, Richmond VA

...No Digital -- None of the Time...