[thelist] Separating the wheat from the chaff

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 14:27:03 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 11:43 AM,  <scotdiddle at webtdo.com> wrote:

>  what I am hoping to garner from this list is a pointer to existing
>  code that will allow me to recursively dive into the system starting
>  at index.php, finding all 'require', 'require_once', 'include', and
>  src= statements (javascript, css,  and img)

heh. Been there, done that. :-)

Point your dev server to an empty directory and add index.php. Run
a link checker on it, adding files as necessary until you don't have any
404s or errors being generated in your server log. (I'm not too familiar
with PHP, but there's probably some way to set your logging level to
"high" to show even non-fatal warnings.)

There may be some things you'll need to check manually -- form
posts, etc.  -- but that should get you a good ways.

HTH, and good luck,
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com