[thelist] Certificate Signing Request

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed May 28 14:37:26 CDT 2008

This is one of those things I don't do very often, so looking for

I have a server running Debian that was effected by the recent OpenSSL
security issue:

I'm not clear what needs to be done for the SSL certificate -- or
specifically how to generate a new CSR if needed.

I guess my question is do I need to generate a new "key" along with
the new CSR?

The command I have in my notes is:

    openssl req -new -nodes -keyout my_domain.key -out my_domain.csr

but that will generate a new key file, which I assume is the correct
way to go.  (I do have an existing .key, of course.)

Anyone more familiar with this process?

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org
Sent from my iMutt