[thelist] Webbased facility rental management system?

Roel Mulder roel.mulder at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 06:48:05 CDT 2008

Hi all,
A customer has 15 summer houses and asked me to build a web-based
system to manage and rent them.

So we are looking for a backend where the manager can maintain it all
: availability of houses, (seasonal) pricing, manage customers,
confirm bookings, ...
A front end where customers can request a reservation (which house,
number of guests, which nights) including options (b&b, towels, bed
linen, end cleaning, ...), and when confirmed can find applicable
details.

Without detailing too far, my question is if any of you know an
(preferably open source) existing system that handles this all, for I
am not one in favor of reinventing a wheel for the x² time. I'll
continue my search, but suggestions from experience are very welcome.

Thanks,
Roel Mulder