[thelist] social media sites

Steven Streight steven.streight at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 11:35:27 CDT 2008

@Erika - I'd love to discuss online music marketing via social media, with
you, as a fellow musician. I

Online socnet marketing insights:

Playlist.com which provides embed players for your own original music (I
pasted in my Last.fm mp3 URLs, since my band, Str8 Sounds, was not yet in
their system),

 MySpaceMusic is the top music site where you interact with your band idols
and your avid fans and your fellow struggling musicians,

Last.fm enables me to upload discreet albums w/cover art,

Blogger provides a reliable, fast, effective platform for a band blog, with
multi media displays.

YouTube is where you build your music video library/museum.

Snackr provides a ticker crawl across bottom of browser window alerting you
to RSS blog post titles.

Twitter is a powerful, SEO juicey channel for link distribution and insight
sharing.

Plurk, Jaiku, Pownce, Identi.ca reinforce and expand your Twitter
microblogging universe.

Pownce enables a musician to post mp3s to your constructed community...

and socnets provide massive SEO juice!

I am bursting with experiential insights about social media marketing in the
new, non-marketing stylistics. LOL

Fun, effective, fulfilling: Web 2.0 Tool Communities.

It's not really "media" to advertise on, it's social networking to be human
with!