[thelist] Drupal/Firefox Access issue

Simon MacDonald simonmacdonald at uk2.net
Thu Aug 21 03:05:17 CDT 2008

JJ,

It's an http:// request - the access denied is coming from Drupal. Drupal is
creating a session for the login. I found a 'fix' on the drupal forum which
involved clearing all private data, (cookies, cache, etc). When I did this
Drupal allowed the login and presented the correct page. This problem seems
to be mainly FF related though other users report it on IE and it goes back
through various versions of Drupal and browsers. There doesn't seem to be
any explanation of the cause of the issue, or a satisfactory resolution.

So I'm a little confused if this is a Drupal or browser problem - I tend to
opt for a Drupal issue as I haven't seen this kind of problem anywhere else.
Which makes me not want to use Drupal, if users are going to hit this
problem.

However, thanks for the explanation of the FF https issue - I wasn't aware
of this.
Regards

Simon

Simon MacDonald