[thelist] Mobile Redirect

Ben Dyer radicalbender at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 10:10:09 CST 2008

Simple question, but I've been mulling it over for a few days.

I've got a regular site (www.example.com) and a mobile-specific site (
m.example.com). I'd like to have it where if you visit the regular site with
a mobile browser that you are redirected to the mobile site, but still have
the option to go back to the regular site. By way of example, this is what
Twitter does.

I was initially looking at using an .htaccess file on the regular site to
accomplish this, but I don't think that will work because a mobile user will
be bounced back to the mobile site if they try to click over to the regular
site.

Any suggestions? Maybe cookies or session variables?

--Ben

--
*Ben Dyer* is *Radical Bender*
Web <http://radicalbender.com> | Twitter <http://twitter.com/radicalbender>|