[thelist] Trademarks and webpage names (not domains)

Symeon Charalabides symeon at systasis.com
Mon Apr 6 12:01:05 CDT 2009

Hi Nick,

I'm no attorney (so don't sue me) but my basic understanding of trademark & copyright law as it pertains to the www suggests that the page name should fall under the "fair use" clause. If nothing else, there must be thousands of disney.html, disney.php, disney.asp etc. pages on the www.

>  I know we're not all lawyers here, but does anyone have links to
>  information about using trademarks in web page names?
>  Not the domain name, but the page name itself (http://example.com/
>  disney.php).

Symeon Charalabides (cosmopolite trainee)