[thelist] custom order / credit card processing / downloadable

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Thu Sep 3 10:30:45 CDT 2009

Just a wee bit of brainstorming here with a new project.

* The product is information and will change dynamically for each/every
customer and instance.
* The customer will choose from an a-la-carte list then an algorithm
will be applied to calculate the charge.
* He/she go through the checkout and pays.
* Customer will get access to the downloadable output.

Payment options - the client would prefer using a true payment gateway
and offer regular choices as opposed to forcing the customer to register
with a use PayPal.  Perhaps authorize.net or www.cdgcommerce.com?

I will use Joomla CMS for the website which gives access to Virtuemart
eCommerce. Regardless whether it is VM or PayPal, I'm sure that I can
dynamically (on the fly) create a product as soon as the customer agrees
to make the purchase then take that makeshift product through the cart
process and eventually to the payment Gateway.

Although a product/SKU is created I can probably keep it hidden from
public view by not providing access via a search, product list, category
tree, etc.

Does this sound like a reasonable route with a product that dynamically
changes?  Any comments or ideas?

--
Bob Meetin
www.dottedi.biz

On www.Twitter.com/bobmeetin, Facebook, www.linkedin.com/in/bobmeetin, or catch my blog at www.dottedi.biz/blog.php

Standards - you gotta love em - with so many to choose from!