[thelist] Higher Screen Resolutions

Jack Timmons jorachim at gmail.com
Thu May 20 11:58:24 CDT 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Bob Meetin <bobm at dottedi.biz> wrote:
> Any feedback on what the current target should be?  Aside from fluid width?
>
> -Bob

<cliche>You should look at who you want visiting your site and
determine what they will be using.</cliche>

First, I wouldn't trust W3Schools for monitor statistics. The means
33% of the type of people who would browse W3Schools (likely
technical, and to have invested in higher-quality equipment) have it.
Unfortunately, until we started rolling out dual-monitors for all
CSR's, the average here would have been a whopping 800x600.

I, personally, would keep aiming at the lower number, unless I were
making a technical website to be browsed by technical types.

--
-Jack Timmons
http://www.trotlc.com