[thelist] the expense of handling video uploads

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 11:34:39 CDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 7:53 AM, Bob Meetin <bobm at dottedi.biz> wrote:

> Some members will never upload a video and others many.  I think the
> platinum VPS hosting package tops out at around 250GB disk space plus an arm
> and a leg in monthly fees. Your suggestions and options appreciated.

Check out Amazon AWS or Rackspace Cloud Files or equivalent.

I'm using AWS to store photos for a photography site because the
site itself is on Heroku (no FS access) and the monthly bill is like:

This e-mail confirms that your latest billing statement is available on the
AWS web site. Your account will be charged the following:

Total: $0.01

Cloudy goodness --   pay only for what you use, when you use it  :-)

Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
twitter: @hassan