[thelist] <s>Spam</s> Marketing Email Return

Jack Timmons codeacula at codeacula.com
Wed Oct 20 14:57:53 CDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Luther, Ron <Ron.Luther at hp.com> wrote:
> Whoa!  Good to see they are taking the business plan seriously!

Based off that alone, I think we'll have a flagship office in Atlanta
any time soon.

> Not really.  You could, I guess, throw together a couple of screens of opt-in opinion collection for people from the list you mail to ... and that may be all you need at this point in time.  But it's not a statistically random sample, so you should not project the results.  Additionally, you may have significant issues in non-response bias.  And, being *somewhat* restricted to the list, it doesn't really gather any information about potential customers not on the list.

It could be adapted on a schedule, also. It's not that hard for us to
generate one, and set up a monthly/quarterly/sometimely email reminder
to the victim of my choice to give it a turn around. In any case,
that's yet another brilliant idea. The collective wisdom of all those
who have posted thus far should be drawn onto cave walls to outlast
the impending apocalypse. (It's coming, I swear, the past 40 times
were just practice.)

When I pitch all of this to the big guy, I'll ensure he knows that the
industry experts said thus, so it must be true. That'll get his
attention.

At worst case, I've gotten everyone advice written on the Special
Yellow Staples Notepad (The one for serious notes that I haven't drawn
on yet, not the one for serious notes that are only slightly more
serious, thus taking just a bit longer to throw away than the
questionable notes on the white pad), and it will soon be placed upon
the Cork Board of Destiny, no relation to the Pick.

> For your random quote collection:
> "She offered her honor, he honored her offer and all night long it was honor and offer."

Classic. That's going on Facebook immediately.

In case none of you got any of the serious notes, I sincerely
appreciate all the assistance. All you experts whom I respect (and
Joel) offered excellent advise.

--
Jack Timmons
@_Codeacula