[thelist] [Fwd: ws.amazon.com] - page load speed

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Thu Jan 6 08:59:16 CST 2011

https://widgets.amazon.com/

Original comment - Is there a trick to creating widgets and getting them
to load fast? We went through the control panel to create the widgets
which work, but they are just a bit slow, commonly a couple seconds but
occasionally 'many'. Or is this the holiday gift that keeps on giving?

update ==>

Page load speed is not as much of a problem as it was just before
Christmas but it seems to be a regular issue with the Amazon widget.
When I made the original post Amazon was hung for most of an hour.  Too
much giving going on perhaps. Typically using their widgets causes 2-5
seconds delay in letting a page complete loading. I'm entertaining the
possibility of doing a snapshot of the Amazon widget, removing the
price, and displaying the snapshot with the Amazon URL.  Not my favorite
solution but it works.

Any better ideas?

-Bob