[thelist] Online Marketing Resource

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Thu Jan 6 14:04:27 CST 2011

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Fred Jones <fredthejonester at gmail.com>wrote:

> annual profit of well over $10,000 USD, a percentage of new sales has
> the potential to be a viable option. I would think so, anyhow. :)

that there is a giant can o' worms. everyone will spend the rest of their
lives debating how to measure which growth came from the marketing guru and
which was going to happen anyway.

if the marketing guru gets a percentage of *all* new sales, that's a
different story. you're still not talking about a lotta money. better idea
down below:

Any ideas, including where else to post this question, are appreciated.

bringing in an outsider to do marketing is like having someone else eat your
vegetables for you.

have your friend read everything ever written by Seth Godin; commit it to
memory if possible. act on it. it will change how they do business at a
fundamental organic level, rather than pasting 'marketing' on top of
whatever he's already doing (see Seth's book "Meatball Sundae")

they could read my books too, of course :)

joel