[thelist] Google (or other) Maps

Jay Turley jayturley at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 17:20:56 CDT 2012

Hi-

Yes. I had a table of locations held in a database on the server.

I transported them in JSON format to the client using AJAX, read in their
latitude and longitude (x/y), and then created a Google Maps viewport of a
size sufficient to contain all of the locations.

Google Maps includes mapClick events which will let you trap the lat/long
client-side and then you can send that back to the server to be added to
the maps file (if needed).

YMMV = "Your Mileage May Vary". Old, practically agéd internet-eese. :P

-Jay