[Javascript] Help: code doesn't work in IE

Rodney Myers rodney at aflyingstart.net
Fri Jul 20 11:25:35 CDT 2001

Reuben,

I looked at your code with interest thinking, "I didn't know you could do
that" and since you have the problem maybe it is true - you cannot. If not
someone else will leap in I hope!

Try

function something (formName, selectName, toggleName)
{

var selectObj = eval("document."+formName+"."+selectName);

but better still if you passed the select OBJECT to the function in the first
place you could avoid all that.

<select onselect="something(this.form,this,'TOGGLENAME')">

function something(form,List,toggleName){ ... }

hth

Rodney