[Javascript] text value --> page

Rodney Myers rodney.myers at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 1 17:46:10 CDT 2001

"patricia !" wrote:

> why do i keep getting other people's email?  i was trying to get a js
> dilemma solved, but have apparently put myself on some kind of weird mailing
> list that enables me to get everyone else's mail?.....!

Not "weird", a group. On a mailing list you get the list's mail. Welcome to the
list.

> all i want to know is how to put more than one possible value on a text
> field, and depending on the value, the script should go to a corresponding
> page.  i am trying to build a simulation of a billing program for an on-line
> learning system.

to get the value from the input you ned the value property of the input

var form = window.document.MyForm;  // FORM object
var txt   = form.MyInput.value; // Value of text input

Then you need to set up your conditions - unless the text value is actually a
filename - which seems unlikely.

e.g. Test for the text containg A or a

if( txt.toUpperCase().indexOf("A")>-1)
  {
  window.location = "page1.htm"; // send browser to page1.htm - a file in same
folder
  }

Then you can have more conditions and pages

hth

Rodney

BTW the link below is where to go to manage your membership of this list.

--
Shop at ssistant Add-ons and Developer Workshops
http://www.aflyingstart.net/addons/

Enquiries regarding Shop at ssistant Classic training :
Call 01256 880770

Rodney Myers
Based in Oxford, England
Technical Director, Shop at ssistant eCommerce Solutions