[Javascript] Marquee Scroller

BEKIM BACAJ Trojani2000 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 3 12:57:45 CDT 2001

Here you are, Steve

use an activeX object,
 (if you are working on a intranet site-application, I prefer you, convert it into HTA.
Use FSO (the file system object) that can read, write, create, delete, move, append, etc to/from the system folder/file,
without prompting the user about the ActiveX activity).

Here is the JScript function to read an external .txt file:

function readExtTextFile(){
    var readIt = 1;
    fso=new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");

          gotText=fso.OpenTextFile("TheTextFile.txt", readIt);
          theContent=gotText.ReadAll();

alert(theContent)//this will retrieve the content and make sure it is available
                      //if you need any further asistance, e-mail...

}

Regards, Bekim