[Javascript] Navigation Control - No back button?

Josiah Gordon jgordon at directfile.com
Wed Jun 20 16:07:31 CDT 2001

> if you come across anything better, please let me know

How about writing your application to function (and heaven forbid, even
benefit!) with the use of the back button? I use the system that my company
has developed and the back button saves my butt very often if I'm talking to
a client over the phone for any level of tech support.

Our customers applaud the effort that we put into having our app function
with as many timesavers and usability bonuses as possible. Having the back
button is not easy at best and can sometimes be a nightmare with sessions
and transaction IDs, but you learn to develop with those things in mind. I
personally would not tolerate an app that tried to "train" me how to think
or dictate how to be productive.

My two cents.

--Josiah Gordon
---