[Javascript] I.E.: 1+1=1. Worse yet, Netscape: 1+1 =___

McCoy, Thomas TMccoy at city.newport-beach.ca.us
Wed Jun 27 16:29:24 CDT 2001

Many thanks go to Peter Brunone for your help, however...

I updated the code, but things still don't "add up"   (okay, bad joke).

Whichever box I enter a number into first is never added to the total...
unless I go back and retype that number once addition has begun.  Also, the
script seems to be completely ignored by Netscape 4.7.  I tried setting an
"initial value" of "0" for each form element, hoping that a change from zero
would trigger a response from the JavaScript.  It did not.  The newer
version of the form can be tested at
<http://www.city.newport-beach.ca.us/nbpl/literacyform04.htm>
http://www.city.newport-beach.ca.us/nbpl/literacyform04.htm.  Thanks again
for your expertise and time!