[Javascript] "please read more carefully msgboxes, they don't lie."

BEKIM BACAJ Trojani2000 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 28 06:39:21 CDT 2001

I work on IE and this is what I can say about it...

I've found out that the error line number always refer to the file that has generated it,
the more links the more problems with finding where the error resides.

It would be a very nice initiative to have the browser report not only the line, but also the contents of the error line,
not to mention the source file address.
-but this is more difficult, because the browser is unaware of the external source,
it reads and rewrites the page by it's own rules having all the scripts contained on the document body as if they were contained there. So it always reports
address of the page that hosts the script. I've found out that the browser fully rewrites the HTML and inserts the inline style attributes for every tag even if you have referenced it though class name also this is why sometimes making files lighter with java script gives the browser more headache and requires more time for render and display, it also adds the closing tags for simple tags like <P> I also think it writes <body> tags even if you omitted them in the source file. but this is absolutely different theme.
Regards
Bekim