[Javascript] setting site as home page by clicking

Alan Easton alan.easton at unn.ac.uk
Tue May 1 06:02:17 CDT 2001

I don't think any script will automatically set a page as a homepage,without user agreement.

This script asks if you want the existing page as a homepage...

<a class="chlnk" style="cursor:hand" HREF
onClick="this.style.behavior='url(#default#homepage)';this.setHomePage('http
://page_you_want_as_homepage');">Click here to make this page your default
homepage</a>

It throws up a pop up box, asking for yes/no confirmation. Don't know how
cross browser friendly it is.

AE...