[Javascript] READONLY textarea in Netscape

Mark Christie MChristie at avsgroup.com
Fri May 4 10:37:22 CDT 2001

Try:

<TEXTAREA DISABLED>

Regards,
   -Mark C.

-----Original Message-----
From: Reuben D Budiardja [mailto:reubendb at goshen.edu]
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2001 10:22 AM
To: javascript at LaTech.edu
Subject: [Javascript] READONLY textarea in Netscape

Hello,
This sounds like a simple question, but I haven't found the answer. Can
anyone tell me how to make a textarea READONLY in Netscape? Something like
<TEXTAREA READONLY> only works in IE. Is there any way to emulate this in
netscape?

Basically I want to display information in an object that I can easily
manipulate using JAvascript to display read only information dynamically.
This information will be fed from other form from other pop-up windows. I
don't want the user to be able to change this readonly information directly
(that's way I want it to make it readonly). I though the best and easiest
way would be to use textarea, until I encounter this problem. So, any
suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Reuben D. Budiardja