[Javascript] Layers Attatched:page

Rodney Myers rodney at aflyingstart.net
Fri May 18 04:18:04 CDT 2001

editUser.html killed Netscape 4.7
in text editor I could see these lines:
<LINK REL="stylesheet" HREF="includes/style.css">
<script src="scripts/validateUser.js"></script>

The style sheet one could do without (offline) but the included .js is
another matter possibly?

In IE5.5 the radio buttons did appear when Agent is selected.
When clicked they make selects appear (not all populated) but they do
not disappear as they should.

The RBs and selects do disappear when user type is altered away from
Agent.

the calls to function showHideSections() from the RB onclicks would
benefit from passing the form object. This helps to simplify what you
have to do in the function.

You have
<input type='radio' name='division' value='state'
onClick='showHideSections()'>

You could have
<input type='radio' name='division' value='state'
  onClick='showHideSections(this.value,this.form)'>

and
function showHideSections(val,form)
where in this case val would be the string 'state' and form would be the
form object to which the RB belongs. This enables you to address other
elements as form.OtherElementName within the function.

That's all from me. I will see how the dhtml guys respond on the
visibility issues with interest.

Rodney

--
Shop at ssistant Add-ons and Developer Workshops
http://www.aflyingstart.net/addons/

Enquiries regarding Shop at ssistant Classic training :
Call 01256 880770

Rodney Myers
Based in Oxford, England
Technical Director, Shop at ssistant eCommerce Solutions