[Javascript] pop-up window when a user leaves

Don Makoviney DonM at allensysgroup.com
Mon May 21 08:12:49 CDT 2001

I want to have a pop-up window come up when a user leaves my website.

I have found several scripts that work when a user leaves a "page", but I

only want the pop-up to come up when they leave the "site".

Know what I mean?

Can anyone point me to a script for that?

An example:

Go over to fortune.com. . . .view an

article. . . .then try and go to another site, like Yahoo or something. At

that point the site determines that you are leaving and instantiates a

pop-up window.

Any ideas? I am thinking that using ASP I can check the new domain or IP out

and see if it matches my IP. If not, then do an onunload popup.

Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

DM