[Javascript] How to disable autocomplete

Ben Curtis Quixote at LaMancha.org
Thu Nov 1 23:22:48 CST 2001

[[why disable autocomplete?]]

> Public machines

Two comments mention this, but then the solution would be in the
preferences, not in the code.

> I got really sick of a list of hundreds
> of student numbers/names/email addresses etc popping up everytime I tabbed
> to the relevant field...

So maybe you would want to disable autocomplete for form fields in which a
given person may enter lots and lots of very different data. Like
"ticker_symbol" for those financial quotes, or "search" for that matter.

Thanks, guys. Hadn't thought of that. And I've got code that can benefit
today from this...

--
+Ben Curtis
...just this guy, you know?