[Javascript] How to disable autocomplete

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Fri Nov 2 00:47:12 CST 2001

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From: "Ben Curtis" <Quixote at LaMancha.org>
Subject: Re: [Javascript] How to disable autocomplete

:
: [[why disable autocomplete?]]
:
: > Public machines
:
: Two comments mention this, but then the solution would be in the
: preferences, not in the code.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Users can change preferences unless this is also locked down.

Imagine a student computer lab where someone changed the settings to cache
form fields & passwords, and then just waited for other people to use the
machine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: > I got really sick of a list of hundreds
: > of student numbers/names/email addresses etc popping up everytime I
tabbed
: > to the relevant field...
:
: So maybe you would want to disable autocomplete for form
: fields in which a given person may enter lots and lots of very
: different data. Like "ticker_symbol" for those financial quotes,
: or "search" for that matter.

Yes

Cheers
Ken