[Javascript] Re: Opening file from link

Cutter Bl cutterbl at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 7 07:25:14 CST 2001

HMMMMM! Now, I'm fairly sure that this question has been answered (for you)
several times. It is not possible to do this with javascript. To allow
javascript access to anything outside the browser window would be a major
security hazard. You may wish to look into VBScript or JScript(if it will
solely be viewed with IE). You can find more detailed info on the two
scripting languages on the MS Scripting site (through MSDN).

P.S. Sorry if I'm a bit tight. I'm quitting smoking right now, something
programmers and web developers should never do.

Cutter
Falcon Knives