[Javascript] Help wanted re. Daylight-Saving Time values

Tim Makins tim at makins.buyandsell.ie
Mon Nov 19 12:39:02 CST 2001

RE: [Javascript] Loading two frames on one linkHi - if any javascript
experts want something to get their heads around, I'd be grateful if you
would have a look at this page that I've been playing around with.

http://www.qsl.net/ei8ic/timetest.html

The problem with the display is that apart from the 'Local Time' box, none
of the others show daylight-saving offsets. The reason for this is that
although its possible to find out the local computer offset using the
'getTimezoneOffset()' command, it doesn't tell you whether the offset is
currently in use. Therefore, all the other time zones have to be referenced
to gmt, (the only safe point of reference) when in fact they should really
be referenced to gmt+offset, if offset is in use.

The computer knows when to turn daylight-saving time on and off, but I'm not
even sure if everybody changes on the same day ?

Thanks, Tim in Ireland.