[Javascript] java breadcrumbs

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Tue Oct 1 16:47:21 CDT 2002

Harry Love wrote:
> Yes, that works. [V8 moment]  Is there also a quick workaround for
> customizing the text of the first link if you don't start from the
> domain name?  Let me know and I'll make the change.

These lines are ~ line# 160

	// Is this segment free of periods (.)?
	// was: if(linkArray[counter].indexOf(".") == -1)
	if ( counter != startpoint ) // HS addition

I'm not sure I'd assume that a value with periods in it is a host
and domain name; periods are perfectly legal characters for Unix
directory names, FWIW.

And make sure 'var startpoint' is declared outside the main function.

There may be something else this change breaks in your code, so test
as extensively as possible; I only tried it on one file :-)

HTH!
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

     -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --