[Javascript] New Window opening help?

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Fri Oct 18 12:20:15 CDT 2002

    You can override browser caching like that by adding a random parameter
in the URL.  That is, instead of just

DispPackerStatement.asp?StatementId=hfjd36423684823

, you could call

DispPackerStatement.asp?StatementId=hfjd36423684823&timestamp=1223213

, where timestamp is just the current time in seconds or something else that
changes.

    For a timing script, you can use the setTimeout function in conjunction
with your own function (anybody else having flashbacks?), like this:

<script language="javascript">
var i = 0;
function getReport() {
 i++;
 if(i==5) { // wait five seconds
    window.open('<%=strAddress%>' ,'ncal<%=i%>', 'scrollbars=yes,status=yes,
location= yes,width=580,height=560');
  }
 setTimeout("getReport()",1000);
 }