[Javascript] how did they do this?

William T. Simmons tsimmons at employmentlawadvisors.com
Wed Jan 22 23:56:20 CST 2003

Andrew,
That *is* a cool Flash page. Using Extractor from RoboFlash Toolkit
(http://www.ehelp.com/products/roboflash/) (which is the retooled SWF
Decompiler that eHelp acquired recently from Sothink), I found the following
ActionScript in the "Contact Us" button, which is sprite #5 in the movie
"navigation.swf" (one of the movies making up the presentation's final
frames - it displays the navigation buttons along the bottom):
on (release)
{
    getURL("javascript:openIT(400,400,\'../contact/default.asp\')");
}

You'll notice that "default.asp" is the name of the page that comes up in
that nicely centered popup window when you click on "Contact Us". "openIT()"
is the name of the function found in the main page - the ActionScript calls
that function, passes it those parameters, and the function opens a
"chromeless" window, which in IE can take on all kinds of custom properties,
as is seen in the "openIT()" function. All in all, pretty cool!

Tommy Simmons
Employment Law Advisory Network
www.employmentlawadvisors.com