[Javascript] standard html, hidden table's row and controls

enediel enediel at com.ith.tur.cu
Mon Mar 10 19:21:39 CST 2003

 good day to all readers.
 It's specifically a javascript question.

 I've a form containing a hidden table, and inside of this last, controls
 that contain useful information invisible to the user, for example, hidden
 select tags that contains set of items, only subsets of it are visible to
 the user.

 <form name="form_HiddenSets">
          <select name="R_InstitutionsSet_Institutions">
           ... option tags
         </select>
 </form>

 if the row is invisible I receive this message
   frm.R_InstitutionsSet_Institutions has no properties.

 changing <tr style="display:none"> to <tr> the program works correctly.

 Any suggestion?
 ?why this error, when no matter if the row is visible or not, the object
 R_InstitutionsSet_Institutions should be part of the form?

 I use only the most standard html specifications, using NetScape navigator
 to test my program; (over IE, this solution works perfectly.)

 Thanks in advance

 Enediel
Linux user 300141

 Happy who can penetrate the secret causes of the things
¡Use Linux!