[Javascript] code generator doesn't load script

Dierickx, Len (ESAS) len.dierickx-eds at eds.com
Thu Mar 20 06:02:38 CST 2003

Hi there,

I am creating a code generator for some cut-n-paste code I wrote, to avoid
to many questions about it.
The problems goes like this:

A page with a form generates the object ang gives this object:

var my= new scrollerObj('my','150','100','3','100','content in
here','333333','777777','1',[1,"none","#000000"],[2,"none","#ffffff"]);

This is written in a script tag.
The object responds to the script loaded in hte head with this
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/ooscroller.js"></script>
doesn't work as it should, after that I added the code directly to the page
but that doesn't change a thing.
When I open a window using javascript, the first time the code is written to
the new window, loads the ooscroller.js file (checked with a document.write
at the end of the code) but it doesn't show the scroller >

Error on page
Lie: 10
Char: 1
'scrollerObj' is undefined.
code: 0

second time you push the button both scrollers are written to the javascript
opened window, the error remains but it works.

Check the code on http://n.one.port5.com/generator_v1.3.html

tnx for checking,

Len Dierickx