[Javascript] Javascript or ASP.Net - Input Mask for Text Box thenAuto Tab

David T. Lovering dlovering at gazos.com
Mon Mar 24 15:17:58 CST 2003

Cute -- about the only improvement I could suggest is to use RegEx 'search', thereby giving you a complex string template to build against without having to write out gazillions of individual substring breakouts and conditional tests.  The trick is to
back-end the incomplete portion of the user input string with the trailing portion of a bogus string of the 'correct' syntax, so that the number of characters always conforms to the expected length of the template.

I'll have to ponder this in light of the many variations of keyboard mappings and event break-outs.

Thanks!

-- Dave Lovering