[Javascript] Unexpected Exception

Carl Adler carl at carladler.org
Mon Mar 24 16:45:33 CST 2003

I have done a lot of JavaScript and have never seen this before. I develop
JavaScript tests on my desktop and ftp them to a server. Using NN 7 on a mac
I test them on the desktop and server and with IE 6 on my pc. Occasionally
they work on the desktop but on the server I get

Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to call method
HTMLDocument.write

When that happens if I go back to ones that previously worked on the server
they now generate the same error message.

If I try it from the server on IE 6 I get an error "the method
document.write is not supported.

If I quit and restart the browsers everything now works fine.

Any ideas (I hope)?

Carl