[Javascript] open same window ?

David T. Lovering dlovering at gazos.com
Wed Mar 26 07:01:46 CST 2003

As a footnote to Andy's earlier question, it is easier to simply assign the
current window's location.href to "SPA/Login" (whatever that is) than it is
to do a retroactive window opening on a window which already exists -- something
even I have difficulty believing would work.

Generally, login's are done via a secured https/SSL window (or should be!) so that
the outgoing password/username stream is not in cleartext.  Rather than jump back
and forth between a secured window and an unsecured window it is safer to simply
spawn a new (secure) window when you need it.

-- Dave Lovering