[Javascript] select

Kelly Zhu kzhu at tstc.edu
Thu Mar 27 09:22:53 CST 2003

I am sorry, I missed one word "on".  the sentence should go like this:
"create a mark on one of the cells in the table".  A mark can be any thing,
a label, a word, an icon.

e.g.

I have a drop down list contains these pets: cat, dog, fish, bird.  I have a
table like this:
--------------
| cat     |         |
--------------
| dog    |         |
--------------
|fish     |          |
---------------
|bird    |          |
---------------

When I select cat, a mark should be place in the table like this:
| cat    |    *    |
| dog    |         |
|fish     |          |
|bird    |          |